Please explain to me Pickup adjustment...the poles..and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
    something that doesn't cost 5 grand..........
    They only cost 2 grand, thats why Im gonna buy one this year. The ones that are currently sold only have 21 frets, the new ones will have 22 frets.
    Contoured heel, roller nuts, 12'' radius, maple board, 22 frets and custom shop wood quality for 2000 bucks = yeah!!!
    Last edited by max; 06-06-2007, 03:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Yes, it was done to keep the strings in consistent volume, but they also follow the curve of the fingerboard radius. Since the Fender radius is rounder (typical 7.25" for vintage and 9.5" for modern, some models even have 12" ), you'll notice the low E and high E strings are lower, with the A and B strings are a little higher, and the G and D strings are the highest... same way with single coil pole pieces.
      Also, I think that they made the G strings pole reletively higher because back then most players used a quieter wound G string. but now most people use unwound G strings which are louder.
      Last edited by tanpsi; 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I believe the SRV signature model was 12" and so is the Eric Johnson model. There may be others, but I'm not sure offhand.
        The Eric Johnson is a 12in radius. But the SRV is a 9.5in radius.
        The Showmaster series is all 12in radius. so are the old heavy metal strats. But i think those were a compound radius of 12-15in.
        Gil

Comment

Working...
        X