No announcement yet.

suggestions on new pickups for my strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want SRV sound get some Van Zandt Blues model pickups (though I'd recommend a Rock model in the bridge position.) Make sure the middle is RWRP.

Comment

thanks for all the info. i will look into all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
        i was too busy thinks about tapping a single coil....... i was bewilderd

It's been a few months, so what the hell. I'll bring this up again. When the concept of coil tapping was first used, it was used on a single coil. A lead was soldered somewhere midway in the windings and sent to ground. When you flip the switch, you get an underwound sound from the pickup.

Grounding the series connection between two coils of a humbucker is coil splitting. Over the years, the terms just started to be used interchangeably. Not too many people have a single coil tapped these days, so it's not a big deal to keep the two terms separate.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          It's been a few months, so what the hell. I'll bring this up again. When the concept of coil tapping was first used, it was used on a single coil. A lead was soldered somewhere midway in the windings and sent to ground. When you flip the switch, you get an underwound sound from the pickup.

Grounding the series connection between two coils of a humbucker is coil splitting. Over the years, the terms just started to be used interchangeably. Not too many people have a single coil tapped these days, so it's not a big deal to keep the two terms separate.
          very cool thanks for the lesson
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
          X