No announcement yet.

Neck Pocket Creak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a bar of soap and rub the sides of the heel and some on the back of the heel where it makes contact with the body.I have done this to the threads of the neck screws also and silenced small squeaks.Just a thought
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Take a bar of soap and rub the sides of the heel and some on the back of the heel where it makes contact with the body.I have done this to the threads of the neck screws also and silenced small squeaks.Just a thought
      This is a good idea and I'll try it next time I take the neck off. Hopefully I won't have too...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Soap on the threads makes them a little easier to remove too.I used this method on a very minty Kramer baretta(Marilyn Monroe graphic).The paint was quite thick around the neck pocket area and the owner was very squeamish when I pulled out the sandpaper to remedy the problem.So I tried the soap and it cured the problem.

Comment

Well, after another removal of the neck, I figured it out. The neck wasn't sitting fully flush in the neck pocket. With this guitar, it was manditory that I put the 2 screws in closest to the body first. Those grabed and pulled the neck into the right spot in the pocket. Easy fix...

I also soaped it up a bit first...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Glad you got it fixed.

Comment

I always put the lower end screws in first and cinch them up a little. And then the uppers. Then I do like you do when you lug down a tire rim. Star pattern. You got to get the heel snug in the pocket and then go from there.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
              X