No announcement yet.

Jackson JE-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get them? I'm dying to get another one!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      This is what I know:

"By activating the dip switches you can gradually lower the frequency of the pickup resonance peak. The switches can be set in 8 different combinations. In order the combinations are (higher to lower frequency). "

1. all off
      2. Activated 1
      3 Activated 2
      4 Activated 1 & 2
      5 Activated 3
      6 Activated 1 & 3
      7 Activated 2 & 3
      8 Activated 1, 2 and 3

Hope it helps. Do you have one?
      This is correct. Someone measured the resonant frequencies of all 8 settings on the JE-1000

The way to figure it out is that each dip switch is 0 (down) or 1 (up). The higher you go up in value as a binary number, the lower the resonant peak frequency. Thus, in exact order of increasing value (i'm just repeating nazgul)...

If you've taken computer science and/or studied binary math, this should make perfect sense! :ROTF:

But obviously most people haven't...that's why the resonant frequency on this circuit (or any future clone project) should be controlled by a trim pot!!! Lose the dip switches!!! There is no reason to emulate the original crappy design!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I remember way back GC had some of these. Maybe some were in there inventory they may still have some.

Comment

Working...
        X