Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just curious how would that affect the sustain ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just curious how would that affect the sustain ??

I believe some Vesters were also angled like that.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

esp kamikaze lynch has it also or not ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

with the neck heel like from the dinkies ( so at the neck joint it becomes a little thinner , i think that rr3 has it also ( and this is a body i'm planning to buy for that project ) it would become very small ( i was thinking about making it better than on let's say dxmg )

i saw about half a year ago an ibenhed( don't know the model - maple fingerboard if it helps , some rg series ) - the neckplate there was angled like that , AND it was also angled from the side not only in the direction the neck goes.

Comment

Yeah, plenty of bolt-on guitars have had angled neck joints over the years. I've owned several like that, and never noticed or had any problems. I doubt that if it were a huge problem that so many makers would use or offer it, based on risk of extra returns and a lot of pissed off customers hehehe.

Of course, anything can be taken too far to the extreme, and potentially cause problems. The screw length issue is one to keep in mind. I hadn't thought of that on one of mine once, didn't pay attention that the front and back plate screws were different length, got them mixed up, and popped up a fret hehehe. No biggie, just backed em out, smacked the fret backd own, and kept going. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

The DK-1's are like that IIRC. I sure think mine is.

Comment

Working...
          X