firebird restoration/resurrection with pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: firebird restoration/resurrection with pix

the bird is brett's, he bought it from hoss, who bought it from rob witte, who bought it from some dude in a band, i believe. it's beat. bad. if i were this guitar, i would have sought out a restraining order. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

damn sully, good work. when i have the bucks i should send you my KV1. it's been kicked around many many times as well.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

you are doing a great job sully, but I am I the only one that appreciates beat up guitars? As long as the frets are decent, it sets up ok, and the paintjob doesn't rub off on my silk pajamas, I will take it.

Comment

You're not alone, L. I don't mind a guitar that's seen some action. As long as any damage doesn't effect playability (chunks out of the back of the neck), functionality (seized or broken hardware), or the intrinsic shape of the instrument (hate HATE broken headstock tips!), then a few bumps and scrapes don't bother me none.

Apart from the dodgy headstock repair, I would've been very happy to have that Firebird, as is.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

i don't mind nicks and dings, either, but my god, the paint actually chips and flakes right off on this poor thing. most of the body perimiter is so gouged up it's all bumpy and rough. it hurts to see it in person, the poor thing.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X