No announcement yet.

How much of a pain are Floyds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott- you *wish* you had sick low action. (Good to see ya, man!)

Originally posted by sysin View Post
    There IS extra time involved with Floyds no question.
    - cut off ball end
    This is not necessary.
    Thread the string 'backwards', leaving the ball end at the tuning machine. This not only saves you a step (and a clip), but it also helps to keep the string from slipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacelord View Post
      I am new to the Floyd.. as of a couple months ago with my DK2M. I spent a bit of time reading up on it on the internet and this site.. really wasn't too bad. It stays in tune GREAT once you stretch the strings in the beginning, and get it all setup. My 2nd string change was really easy, since I had already adjusted the springs and string height the first time.
      +1 Yup!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
        a floyd can be a pain, not to mention you can't getsick low action on them because you won't be able to pull up. but that are fun, and if you want to be like herman li then its a must
        Send your guitar to Scott at Vwall. You want sick low action? You can pull up or down when he gets through with it!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
          Scott- you *wish* you had sick low action. (Good to see ya, man!)
          Kevan G?
          No effing way!
          How the hell you been!
          Man its been forever!!!
          I see your girl talked you into leaving NY!
          I remember back at Gabe's she was talking about that.

Hope all is well!

Comment

I remember a story someone told me about one of their ex-guitarists having this really slick low action guitar that he could play really easily. One night some clown came up from the crowd and asked to check it out- Sure, said the guy- and the kid proceeded to just rip and shred up and down on this guy's own axe- a real ego deflation slap down kinda thing....So the guy takes his guitar to a tech and made him set the axe up with a higher action and heavier strings and learned to deal with it so he could avoid party crashers....

Comment

Its always good to have a variety of instruments, so you can chose what you want and not have a clone of the same guitar over and over
              www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
              the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by vwall guitars View Post
                I completely disagree with this.
                I have sick low action on all my guitars-
                And can pull up on them all-
                This would be a set up issue and or combined with the guitars build limitations.

Also, Floyd saddle shims are extremely easy to get and install...
                Fear no Floyd!
                They are the best!!!
                well scott, maybe we can sit down and problem shoot together, because the action on this this is silly. but i have ernie ball heavy bottom and lite top with the four spring set up, two are the factory springs and two are old broken in strings.
                the bridge is level with the body. the neck has a a slight relief, and if i lower the floyd any more the strings will fret out, i think i need to try a shim on the neck.

any suggestions?
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
                  Thread the string 'backwards', leaving the ball end at the tuning machine. This not only saves you a step (and a clip), but it also helps to keep the string from slipping.
                  I don't like doing that, I think it looks sloppy. I'm all about neatness.

Floyds Rule. I have low action, and alot of pull back room for some wicked screaming harmonics. But you just gotta work with them to get used to em, its not rocket science. Its all tensions - all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                    well scott, maybe we can sit down and problem shoot together, because the action on this this is silly. but i have ernie ball heavy bottom and lite top with the four spring set up, two are the factory springs and two are old broken in strings.
                    the bridge is level with the body. the neck has a a slight relief, and if i lower the floyd any more the strings will fret out, i think i need to try a shim on the neck.

any suggestions?

Yeah, I would be happy to work with you on this.
                    Likely be easier via IM-

Let me know when you're ready.

Comment

Originally Posted by Endrik
                      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

I dunno, man- kinda like throwing gas on the fire, ain't it??

Comment

wanna be be buddies , or hell i live in texas, a conversation maybe, my IM for yahoo is night_shadow_969, thanks!
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I only have Messenger IM-
                          A call will be cool-
                          281 794 9147

Comment

Working...
                          X