Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
    cool i'll keep an eye out for it.
    Let me know if you need product#'s and I'll get em for you.

btw ... anyone hear from Mark (mm2002)???

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
      Let me know if you need product#'s and I'll get em for you.

btw ... anyone hear from Mark (mm2002)???
      he checked in a few days ago, i thought he would have bashed me or offered some tips or something.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
        I use acrylic urethanes and was recommended a 2-part epoxy sealer/primer (Dupont) from my supplier. Seals the grain and acts as a primer all in one process.
        I've done several guitars with this stuff and it works great!
        +1 The way to go. Any automotive paint supply house is going to have at least one of the manufacturer's of these products. Dupont, PPG etc. If you really want a sealer quickly, I've used Miniwax Sanding (Urethane based, single part, not the lacquer based one) Sealer. (Available at Home Depot) It will work, but I recommend 72 hour cure time before you use a traditional 2 part Urethane sealer/primer. You can brush this stuff on too. Let it dry and use a dry sandpaper like Freecut (Woodcraft has this paper or StewMac has it). This paper will not load up like standard sandpaper. You just wipe your block off with a rag. Of course with the two part acrylic urethanes, you can top coat in a matter of hours and not have to wait that long.
        Last edited by Bengal65; 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
        X