Jt-6 won't fit...ARRGGGHH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jt-6 won\'t fit...ARRGGGHH!

I used a bandsaw to cut the block. Just remove the block and take it to your local machine shop. They probably won't even charge you if you talk real nice! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think the Floyd replacement blocks will fit the JT6.
    As far as the baseplate, I just used a bench grinder and rounded the front corners to fit the recess.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Could i just use a bench grinder to grind down the block too? A friend of mine got one for Christmas, and is dying to use it on something. Then I can just use a drill press to make the holes?

Comment

Hell yeah you can use the bench grinder to take the block down. It's just cheap pot-metal. Just be patient, don't burn your fingers, and wear safety glasses!!!!!

Comment

Oh, and the grinding wheel will probably be pretty clogged up when your done so figure on about 5 bucks to buy him a new one....it'll be fucked.

Comment

A tip on on using a grinding wheel for this kind of metal is to load the wheel up with wax. Parrafin (canning wax)seems to work best. Just run the wax into the wheel and it fills the pores of the wheel and won't let the wheel get near as clogged up. You should dress the wheel and reapply the wax as it does go away after awhile.

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I might be interested in taking that jt6 off your hands. I got an 80's non-recessed charvel. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm gonna see if I can switch the block off the single locker first....damn, and I just did the intonation on that thing-which is another reason not to like these things. The part that the string runs through is a tight fit through the back of the block and they stick when the fine tuners push them down. I have already taken a file to the slots once! Can't something go right for me? jeez....

And I'm keeping the JT-6. It's the only thing I own that says "jackson" on it without "charvel". A big moment in a poor man's life!

Comment

ADDITION TO JCF KNOWLEDGE BASE:

JT6 trem blocks cannot...repeat...cannot be interchanged with regular Floyd blocks. I am both glad and disappointed to be able to add that.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I was pretty sure of that but I didn't want to say 100%.
                    Hey Dave, great tip on the grinding wheel, I'll have to try that!

Comment

Working...
                    X