No announcement yet.

Anyone got a TremSetter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've installed a few and that's been my expierence. The shaft doesn't move freely enough to allow the bridge to flutter. Maybe if I lubed the shaft. But right out of the box, it sure killed it...

But the job was to block the trem so that wasn't an issue at all...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost View Post

I believe Steve Vai uses an Ibanez device no longer available, except for high prices on EPay. The Ibanez device looks like 2 arming adjusters put together
      The Backstop

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_88 View Post
        They kill flutter. That meaning: you can't flutter with them.
        and as i said Vai has said he uses the Tremsetter and he has no problem fluttering his trems...so i guess they dont kill flutter or hes lying?

and i havent had any fluttering problems when i hit the strings hard with my OFR. i heard that could be a problem but i havent experienced it yet...maybe im lucky
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I have the floyd made trem stop device on an 87 Kramer and flutters nicely and is a very effective trem stop.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If a guitar still flutters, then its not stabilizing the trem much, is it? That is kind of the point of these devices, to stop unwanted flutter while picking/plucking. But, they also make tuning, double stop bends etc easier. I still find a guitar won't return to perfect pitch unless you push down on the bar after pulling up the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
              and as i said Vai has said he uses the Tremsetter and he has no problem fluttering his trems...so i guess they dont kill flutter or hes lying?

and i havent had any fluttering problems when i hit the strings hard with my OFR. i heard that could be a problem but i havent experienced it yet...maybe im lucky
              I don't think Vai has these installed on every guitar. That's why some flutter. I'm sure the ones with it installed do not...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
              X