No announcement yet.

why my beloved jacksons are caked in scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ude the planet waves microfiber cloth. it's like 6 bucks, but you can throw it in thw washing machine and reuse it about a million times. It works the best too.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      I use any sort of "micro-fiber" cloths. I read on ed roman's website, his little story about how brand new so called "polishing cloths" were placing scratches on the new guitars on the floor and how changing to micro-fiber solved that problem. since then, I've used only micro-fiber cloths. no need of any polish either. After every play, I just wipe my guitars down with the cloth and they are as good as new with shine.

Ed Roman uses magical leprachaun tunic cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamemx View Post
        Ed Roman uses magical leprachaun tunic cloth.
        well, he said in 2002 on his website that he uses them and how he had to buy in "bulk" to keep prices low. Maybe it was just a marketing strategy... But they do work just fine and my fav. Othe JCF member seem to use them too so I am happy I made a good decision.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          Ive used that Fender micro mist...from day one on my HRF, and i still
          have micro swirly scratches! That mist isnt doing anything for me?
          You need to use some swirl remover then. Meguiars makes some good stuff you can get at an auto parts store or use the Fender - Meguiars bottled swirl remover. http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner.../Swirl-Remover It's the same stuff. The mist is only to remove finger prints and oils fron the guitars surface.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Hmm.. just remembered an old advert on tv. i forget what it was called, but car owners used it to get scratches out of the paint. even where someone keyed it. I remember the "Before and after pix" .
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              Hmm.. just remembered an old advert on tv. i forget what it was called, but car owners used it to get scratches out of the paint. even where someone keyed it. I remember the "Before and after pix" .
              You're joking, right?

That stuff is 100% bullshit.

You can get a colored wax, but it doesn't hide very much at all, and usually isn't quite the right color anyway.

For scratches in the clearcoat, an electric buffer and rubbing compound, progressively moving up to a finishing glaze will get it nice again. Meguiar's and 3M are very good.
              If you're into the paint or the wood, a repaint will be neccessary, unless you have the exact color match and can drop fill the scratches, clear coat, then buff them out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                As opposed to the baby's left butt cheek, which is like alligator skin...
                well that wasn't very nice newbster, old lady, rags, wish she'd stop by my place. those red shop towels are getting expensive!!!!!!
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Just found these:

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catal...productId=2310

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catal...productId=2490

No image on the second one.
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-26-2007, 12:08 PM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A little expensive, but hey, you get a Fender license plate!

Comment

I use old underware....I know it sounds gross but my fruit of the looms haven't scratched one guitar yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoug View Post
                        As opposed to the baby's left butt cheek, which is like alligator skin...
                        Alligators are a protected species in danger of extinction,which, over the years, has lead to the growing numbers of babies crawling around with no left buttock. And all to satisfy human's desire for designer boots, wallets, and handbags ! Disgusting, I say !
                        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Oh, but back to our topic ..........

I just use Pledge wipes. Never had a problem with dirt, scratches, waxy buildup, or anything. just wipe and throw it away. My soon to be wife is hooked on 'em, so there's always a package in the closet.
                          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I saw some lemon wipes in Wallmart which said can be used on all kinds of wood. can i use them for cleaning my fretboard? What do you guys normally use for conditioning the fretboard?
                            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                              I use old underware....I know it sounds gross but my fruit of the looms haven't scratched one guitar yet.
                              i hope you washed them first :ROTF:
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by 69buickman View Post
                                You only use those on brown guitars, right?:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X