action problem on a floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what tool am i supposed to use to tweak the rod
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

i took off the plate and surprised to see a nut, so i tried the tool that came with my explorer and it is way to big
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

An allen wrench is used to make the adjustment. Did your Jackson not come with some?

Comment

well after seeing the video i found out it hass a little relief on it. but i though that was good.

Comment

it can't be tweaked with a allen wrench it just looks like a nut, on the inside is the stud/trust rod. not hexagonal shape

Comment

It`s good...
              Mine has one also(I wanted it so)..
              To make a better clearence and to get rid of the buzz
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

i have over 2.5 mm of clearance over the frets on the low
                E side and about 1.75 mm of clearance on the high e side the studs are all the way down on the low side and a full turn on the high side

Comment

Well I googled the Dk2m for you and I came across Bullet truss rod, does it look like this?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_ro...s_Rod_Nut.html

Comment

My floyd is on the low and on the high e the same height...
                    2mm...
                    Is this good for the guitar to have the floyd on one side higher
                    as on the other?
                    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_ro...s_Rod_Nut.html
                      more like that, except that it is machined for a socket to fit it completely, like a standard nut except longer and thinner

Comment

My floyd is pretty well even, but I've never heard anybody stressing that its important for them to be at the exact same height on both sides of the poles. As long as its flush with the body tension wise its all good.

Comment

Ah ha yes my RR3 had one with it I remember now. Yeah your going to need a hex nut driver to go over that.

Comment

so am i being anal and its not possible to get it that low, on my explorer the high e side is well below the .5mm mark

Comment

Originally posted by wakeUPdead View Post
                              My floyd is pretty well even, but I've never heard anybody stressing that its important for them to be at the exact same height on both sides of the poles. As long as its flush with the body tension wise its all good.
                              String height should follow the fretboard radius. If the floyd saddles are properly shimmed, action should be set-up the same on both sides.

Comment

Mines pretty much even I can't really give an exact cause I have no measuring tools at the moment.

But I'm curious are you adjusting the Floyd right now? Or did you get the proper sized hex for the neck adjustment?

Comment

Working...
                                X