Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hearing problems

Originally posted by RacerX:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by maliciousteve:
    I've noticed my hearing getting crapper and im only 17
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do NOT forget step #2

1. Wipe ass after crapping
    2. Wash hands thoroughly with warm water & soap
    3. Stick fingers in ears

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wow thanks Ron [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I hated sonics..but sometimes I used one in whichever ear was to get the abuse that night. They're better than the foam plugs press operators use.

The only other solution is a plexi shell.
      I played with a couple drummers who use them and it helps reduce stage volume, except for cymbals unless the have a tall one. Some guys do not care for them as it has that separation factor of having a sound barrier. Personally, I do not mind 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        Do NOT forget step #2

1. Wipe ass after crapping
        2. Wash hands thoroughly with warm water & soap
        3. Stick fingers in ears
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] champagne comedy
        Hail yesterday

Comment

could you people type a little louder please

thanks!

Comment

WHAT? Type UP! I can't read you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ron - [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] - classic [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I went to my local guitar store and all they had were Docs Proplugs and they were for divers, it even says on the packet. Frequency attentuation is a bit weird, but still good enough to hear whats going on.
              I have noticed ringing on one or two occasions and it scared the shit out of me, I'm only 16 : [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] so whenever I'm thinking of not using plugs I just remember that feeling.

Comment

Pretty normal, but ringing ears is a sign that you are exceeding the volume limit. At that age, you'll have alot of years of normal hearing with as long as you do not abuse it.
                I'm 40 and still have very good hearing, rather excellent in fact. While every person is different, as long as you are not running a 50 or a 100 watter over to the limit and you heed the telltale signs of ear ring, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  Tell the drummer to get rid of that Pearl shit kit and get a damn Ludwig set so he doesn't have to pound the hell out of them to get a good tone.
                  And for God's sake, get him a book on tuning drums [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like Ludwig kits aren't loud. I would agree Pearl is shit. I haven't ever heard a Pearl kit worth the cost of the sad-ass heads they come with. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] A friend of mine has one of those mega-cheap $200 kits that sounds better than any Pearl kit you want to name. He snatched an old Ludwig kick from his church and threw some Aquarian heads on it... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

But that's off-topic. The point is, buy some damn earplugs. I prefer the 'Digital Reference' earplugs made by Hearos. They're little blue mushroom looking things that you don't have to contort your ears to put in.

Comment

Im 40. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    The other day, I'm sitting in the backyard and all of a sudden my right ear, out of nowhere starts ringing high pitch, like, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm like ah fuck what the hell is that . It lasted about 2 hours straight.
                    If I had that noise in my head for the rest of my life I'd blow my brains out.
                    That was the worst 2 hrs.
                    Fine now, but scared me enough to turn my volumes down.
                    Young people. Start wearing your hearing PROTECTION now.
                    Oh, working around jet engines never helped.
                    Finn

Comment

I played for years with a loud drummer which had nothing to do with his kit...was just his style and he was a damn good drummer...we liked playing loud [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I didn't use ear plugs all the time but I did use them...it takes a while getting used to them but they do work and save some damage to your ears.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have - and use extensively - the molded earplugs that Wayniac mentioned. They're the best $125 I've ever spent - I can go to shows and play at rehearsal and on stage with them, and it's like listening to a CD ar reasonable volumes, only you can still feel the bass. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The "Heroes" they sell at the H.E.A.R. website work nearly as well, but I had a huge problem with mine - they'd fall out while I was playing, since I move my head around a lot. It's almost physically impossible for the custom molds to fall out, since they follow the bend in your ear canal.

I've been very lucky - I didn't start using plugs until 3-4 years ago, and I've only lost a small part of my hearing. I know other people who have significant damage from years of being in bands.

What's funny is only use the -15 to -18 dB verison - the -25 made it so that I couple hear my footsteps (through bone conduction) louder than the music!

Mike
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'm 17, and have constant tinnitus. It's not too bad, can only hear it when I'm in a totally quiet room (which is rare). But, bad times.

When Manowar claim to play loud as hell, they aren't kidding. Don't be stupid like I was, always wear earplugs.

Comment

Working...
                          X