X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    nice.
    good grammar & punctuation too

yea, but I've read a couple of books and know this dude who knows this dude.....
    now vita, i just don't know how to take your comments. seeing as sarcasm is a good friend of mine, i think your making fun of me. as per the comment of the grammar and punctuation, now i know for sure thats sarcasm, seeing as you've been nipping at heels for some time about that.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

ah, seems you DO know how to take my comments. You're not completely dumb, dude
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        ah, seems you DO know how to take my comments. You're not completely dumb, dude
        i think we have an english major in the making.............
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-04-2008, 07:38 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

All the methods above can work. If you are dead set on using a mic, you can get other mics that are more tailored to capture the full frequency of a bass. Or use the SM 57, and mix it in with a DI signal (or straight into the board signal)... get the "girth/warmth/punch" from the DI /board signal, and the "snap" from the mic'd signal. Just need to be careful of phase cancellation...
            and yep - a compressor can work wonders

Comment

i have a project studio that local bands often use to record their demos or independent releases. i will often record bass with a DI and a mic'd signal. sometimes just a DI. sometimes i use a bass POD. it just depends on the band and the project. for mics, i use a sennheiser MD421 a lot. i also use one of those cheapy "studio condenser" mics....it actually works REALLY good on a 15" speaker. sometimes i use that mic and an AKG D112 kick drum mic. depends on the players sound. as far as DI's go....i try not to use the one on the amp unless it is a combo. if it is a head and a cabinet, i will use a DI box between the head and the cab. that usually sounds better.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X