Amp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Problem

I have a Marshall AVT50H and I'm having some trouble with it. A while ago the clean channel started to fuck up so it was almost like it was switching to overdrive though it wasn't actually. Every once in a while the distortion would just kind of fade in and out. I've been busy thrashing out so I didn't really care, but I read that I might need new preamp tubes. Anyway, now it is at the point where if I have the clean channel up almost all the way there is almost no volume and the overdrive channel has absolutely no balls. It's like a clean channel with a bit of gain.

Would this be consistant with needing new preamp tubes, or do I have a more serious problem?

Sounds like a tube, my second generation VS had a similar problem that was solved by swapping out the preamp tube.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Alright thanks. And from what I understand it's not too expensive?

Comment

Working...
      X