No announcement yet.

Semi-rolled or heavy rolled neck edge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-rolled or heavy rolled neck edge?

I am thinking of getting a Musikraft neck. I see that they offer "standard semi-rolled" or "heavy-rolled" fingerboard edges (along with non-rolled). Does anyone know the advantages of semi vs. heavy?

I understand that the heavy-rolled is supposed to be very comfortable and "worn in" feeling, but I wonder if it would be easier to push the string off the edge of the fretboard if you got that? (I hate it when the strings drop off the edge of the fretboard). I am planning to get one of these necks soon. If anyone has any advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with their necks, but if they roll it similar to fender, the frets themselves are not affected.

Fender scrapes the sharp edge with a razorblade AFTER the frets are in.... so the scraping is done on the fretboard between the frets themselves. The edge of the fret never changes.

It is possible that musikraft does theirs different though. Or you could order non or semi, and scrape the edge yourself like I described.

Comment

if I were you I'd call Musikraft and ask them.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I had to roll the edges of my 2006 Les Paul studio.It was way too sharp on the edges.A razor blade works fine just scrape the fingerboard edge don't try to cut it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X