Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car polish on a guitar?

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tmdiamond:
    On my Porsche Boxster, I use Zymol. It is the BEST around and I may try it out on my guitars as well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This proves my theory that people with Porsches try to work the fact into EVERY conversation.
    [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHAHAHAHA!

tmdiamond, RacerX and 2Loud are at a party:

RacerX: Hey there's tmdiamond
    2Loud: Oh yeah, from JCF
    RacerX: Hey, he drives a Porsche and I'll bet you a white Model 6 that he mentions that fact within 5 seconds of meeting you!
    2Loud: 5 seconds? Nobody could be that bad! You're on!
    RacerX brings 2Loud over: Hey tm, meet 2Loud
    (2Loud shakes tmdiamond's hand)
    tmdiamond: Hey, nice strong hands! Almost as strong as my Porsche mechanic!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2Loud: [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    RacerX: Pay up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wish I had a better camera at the time... here's my old red wolfgang w/two coats of zaino:

FYI, I used Zymol before, the Zaino is a better product in my opinion, especially if you have a dark colored vehicle. I used it on my black toyota supra turbo and my black firebird with excellent results. The 3M stuff is great to prep a finish for a final coat, and the zaino doesn't have any real abrasives in it. Use what you want to get the guitar as shiny as possible, and the Zaino takes it to another level completely.

Just my opinion. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        HAHAHAHAHA!

tmdiamond, RacerX and 2Loud are at a party:

RacerX: Hey there's tmdiamond
        2Loud: Oh yeah, from JCF
        RacerX: Hey, he drives a Porsche and I'll bet you a white Model 6 that he mentions that fact within 5 seconds of meeting you!
        2Loud: 5 seconds? Nobody could be that bad! You're on!
        RacerX brings 2Loud over: Hey tm, meet 2Loud
        (2Loud shakes tmdiamond's hand)
        tmdiamond: Hey, nice strong hands! Almost as strong as my Porsche mechanic!
        2Loud: [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
        RacerX: Pay up!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Best laugh of the week right there. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hell, if I owned nice possessions, I'd try to work it into a conversation... I tend to do that with my Shannon Soloist sometimes.

...Oops, I mentioned her. See what I mean? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree about the Zaino. Thats all I use on my "1998 Trans Am" so I'll probably use it on My new "Shannon Soloist" as well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Liquid Glass on my black Vette and ALL my axes! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I thought you said on all your guitars EXCEPT your koa "Dan Dimas". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                Liquid Glass on my black Vette and ALL my axes! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, I've used that stuff too... the Zaino kills it, I swear! Here's a pic of my 'bird...

Zaino is some amazing stuff. You really need to check it out.

Pete

Comment

I gotta second the Mothers suggestion. It's what I use on mine, (several black Jacksons) and my truck.

No fooling around. It's 100% caranauba wax. Natural. I apply with bare fingers, wait 5 minutes and remove gently with an old, cotton t-shirt. Scary smooth. Shines illegally.

I hesitated on the link. Their current promotion is a little gay but here it is anyway.

Comment

I use Liquid Glass on all of my guitars as well as all of my Vipers.....Just thought I'd mention that. (Was that less than 10 seconds...?) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Man I truly hate lacquered necks.
                      But whatcha gonna do, I'm not taking
                      my Gibbys down to the wood. Steel wool
                      followed by a Meguiar's buffing works
                      pretty well on my LP Special's & SG's
                      necks. But it's not forever, you have
                      to repeat the process. Another thing
                      that helps bust the sticky grime factor
                      is to put a little talcum powdwer on