No announcement yet.

Different way of Ebonizing Rosewood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Different way of Ebonizing Rosewood.

Am I forever known as the dude who does the faux binding? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Something like my legacy on the JCF even though I wasn't the one who came up with the idea. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My binding thread with info and pictures (click here!)

I wanted ivoroid (sort of an aged off-white color) like on my Shannon Soloist but what kind of car would look good with yellowed pinstripes? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So I picked white.

Very soon though, this KE3 will belong to fellow JCFer Flux who is in the current process of buying the guitar from me. I love the Kelly but with my busy schedule, I cannot be the generous pimp to my five guitars like I used to. Maybe after I finish university and get a job, I'll start acquiring guitars again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for all this info. my project is starting to forumlate
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Oil on the rosewood makes it darker and richer. BTW where in New York are You?

Comment

@ Jazzman - Near Niagara Falls

Comment

Ahh. I'm on the other side.

Comment

I would think that ebony would still look different (at least to the trained eye) than dyed rosewood (ebony having no open grain and harder composition of the wood itself). Rosewood has it own desirable qualities as does maple & ebony.

Comment

Working...
              X