Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try the "Hex" pickups from Guitarfetish.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
    the INF4 at the bridge is a really sweet pickup when paired with the INF3 at the neck. The V series pickups in the one Prestige RG (the like $750ish one) are really nice to. I'd go for it
    Interesting that you mention that, cause I just pulled a set of these form my Ibanez, cause I thought they sounded like crap. Different strokes, I guess. Still, I MAY try them in my next project guitar, since they ARE just lying around.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

The GFS Crunchy PAF is a great pickup. It has a very similar output level, and overall character to a Duncan Custom. I have them in a couple of guitars, and you really can't tell the difference between those and the guitars with Duncan Customs.

They are also very well potted and nice and quiet.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, the pickups arrived yesterday...but not THE pickups. Although I ordered the Hex "overwound" set, the box contained the "Hot PAF" set. On one hand, I could just stick with these rather than return them and wait, but I know from past experience that ash is a bit finicky. I had a Screamin' Demon bridge HB in my DR2 and it sounded awful, but a Full Shred sounded amazing. Something tells me the Hot PAFs are closer to Screamin' Demon territory.
        sigpic

Comment

I bought a set of those hex pole pickups. Haven't installed them in anything so I can't be of any help at this time.

Comment

Working...
          X