EMG 18 volt mod DIAGRAM needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
    what i'm talkin about is attaching the battery pos side only and the other battery to the neg side then taking another battery connector with it wired to itself ( pos to neg) then attach the neg side of the first battery and the pos side of the second battery to the second battery connector.
    I'm sorry, but I can't make any sense out of that.

Series wiring is when the batteries are wired "in line" with each other; Battery A's black wire goes to the jack. A's red wire connects to battery B's black wire, and battery B's red wire feeds the pickups.

This is exactly what it should look like (taken from dinky kustom's post further back in this thread):

The opposite of series wiring is parallell wiring, with both batteries connected to the same spots; i.e. battery A and battery B's red wires both connect to the pickups, and both black wires to the jack. Parallell wiring batteries does not produce a higher voltage, but will make them last longer.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
      I'm sorry, but I can't make any sense out of that.

ok lemme try it again.

hot from pick up------------- to red on battery clip 1
      ground ----------------------to black on battery clip 1

now positive of battery 1 to positive on clip 1
      and negative of battery 2 to negative on clip 1

take battery clip 2 and wire it to itself(red and black together)

then battery 1's neg to neg on clip 2
      and battery 2's posi to posi on clip 2

does that make sense? since clip 2 is wired to itself its like jumping neg from battery one to the pos of battery 2.

Comment

You're losing me dude, just do it the way shown and if you don't like it you can reverse it in 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by nikopapp View Post
          You're losing me dude, just do it the way shown and if you don't like it you can reverse it in 5 minutes.
          i know i can do it that way, but someone was asking if there was a quickly reversible way and i was wondering if this would work for them. here i made a crappy diagram to help explain

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
            i know i can do it that way, but someone was asking if there was a quickly reversible way and i was wondering if this would work for them. here i made a crappy diagram to help explain
            Yes, that should work. Quite a clever solution actually!

Comment

I bought this one... should get it today... was too lazy to go down to radio shack...
              will make a video... before and after
              http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Volt-Mod-Harn...item58864907f9

This one has a Switch... http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Volt-Mod-Harn...item588648fd17
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Wow....a thread necro for an 18v wiring harness....whowouldathunkit?
                (I'm gonna leave that...um..interesting....word there for Ron to have a field day with.)
                My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I had the 18V mod in for about 10 minutes and I hated it... It takes out the "brutality" and I play in a death metal band...
                  So I changed it back and run it with an 9V again =)
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jeff/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jeff/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Sorry if I screwed up how I posted that, but that is an easy reversible way to try it out only using about $3 worth of parts. I love the 18v mod. I have a 99 custom with an 81 & an 85 that I never loved the sound of. After doing the mod, I love it. It is totally subjective. I know as many people who don't like it as who do.
                      Last edited by Ward; 02-18-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I used the 2nd one, worked without any problems.
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                        X