Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck?????????

Hey dose any one know how to chang a glue on neck
    like how do you get them off and then back on.
    I'm a and don't know that much
    about working on guitars I can play but I can't work on them.

Sorry if this soudns blunt, but set neck changes are very hard for luthiers to do, and impossible for pretty much anyone that isnt.

Comment

I'd say your out of luck bro, but, eh.... why would you want to take a set neck apart?!

Comment

Steam off, Glue on If you have a long neck tendon (like a Gibson) your going to need some help.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The neck is bent can any one tell me how to fix it it's a acoustic and
          has a glue on neck some one had it linging on a wall and it bent.

Comment

you have to take off the sound board............... scary........... and theres something called a dove joint there heres a crude picture of how it works this is theneck joint > >and the is the recieving end of the joint and they go toghter like this >> pop off this part >(>) and the neck will come off........ sorry only thing i had on hand, im at school

although i do have one question where are you going to get a new neck?
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
              Sounds like it just needs a truss rod adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                I'd look at the truss rod, that was mentioned. If it does not have a truss rod, your in for a lot of trouble. I would suggest you have a luthier look at it because you will have to steam the dovetail area to loosen the glue that holds it and that takes specialized equipment. Also if the neck wood is warped that will need steaming as well in a press. Then the fretboard and a refret will be required.

Martin did my 12 string 3 times over the course of 12 years until it settled. This was all done under the lifetime warranty.

Toe, when is this thread getting moved? You missed one
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Band Saw.

(just kidding)

Comment

Working...
                  X