X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: elixer strings

I think I can say Fuck

But I'll bet I can't say fucking

Holy shit! I can say all sorts of crap! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Damm.. guess you're not special enough. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I totally hate them. had 2 sets (got them for free, otherwise I wouldn't have given a cent for them). they sound bright, thin, no balls and even the smell was awfull, now I ask you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I only liked their feel.

changed them out of misery after 3 weeks for ebmm hybrid slinkys, and my Ibanez sounded decent again.

Harrald

Comment

I've been using DR Extra Life Black strings for a few months and all six are definately coated. The packaging says: EXTRA Black Coated plain string on the little guys and EXTRA Coated Electric Guitar Black Coated Wrap on Hex Core on the big ones. I am not sure if I like them yet. They look awesome when they are fresh but look like crap after you bang on them for awhile. I gave a set of Poly Web strings to a buddy and he loves them! I haven't tried them yet.

Comment

fuck

Comment

You probably put fuck in your post before the language filters were off. My old board did this. Change your signature...then use the word fuck.

Comment

thanks for the tip

Comment

I think they're OK. Not my prefferance as I use Dean Markleys on both my acoustics and electrics.
                I got a set of poly webs free when somebody sold a guitar to the store I worked at. So I threw them on my acoustic they sounded like my Markleys with a bit more warmth due to being the polywebs. I don't like the electric ones but with the amount of time I spend playing my acoustic. (once in a puprle moon) I thought they'd last longer and so far so good.
                Gil

Comment

I use elixers on my taylor acoustic but thats it.
                  DR and D'addarios work just fine for me.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No problem, I always like to spread the word.

Fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                      I use elixers on my taylor acoustic but thats it.
                      DR and D'addarios work just fine for me.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe Taylors come from the factory equipped with Elixir strings, right?

Comment

Right.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Since this topic is still alive I will comment about Elixers again. They suck, they are overpriced, only half of them are actually coated, they are probably the top brand at GC which will tell you something right there. To sum it up.... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                            they are probably the top brand at GC
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, damn lazy kids. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actully th top brand at GC are D'Addario's or Ernie Balls. The Taylors come with Nanoweb 12's from the factory. Ibanez come with D'Addario EXP's I don't really notice a diffeerance between them. Kinda makes you thing a bit don't it?
                              BTW Gore the company that makes the Elixers is the same company that makes dental floss. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
                              Gil

Comment

I don't know if you guys will agree with me, but I'm a straight guy. I think that putting anything on the string influences the way it vibrates, thus the sound of a string. Don't ask me about the price, they're overcharging for something that (I think) is crippled from the start. The string needs as much freeedom to vibrate, as it can get. If it doesn't last long enough, don't blame it, change it (the whole set, I mean).

Comment

Working...
                                X