No announcement yet.

Pickup Recomendations? (Les Paul type)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup Recomendations? (Les Paul type)

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Ruxspin posted December 01, 2003 12:14 PM

What if i were to go passive and active. Ex. Say I wanted to go EMG 81 on the bridge ..and a Duncan Custom on the neck. Would that work ok in a les paul? How would i be able to work that out?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could. You'd need to install need a separate vol/tone pots that are 25K ohm for the EMG (plus the needed 9 volt battery). You'd need each pickup to go to their respective vol/tone pot first, then route them to the 3-way switch, then to the output jack. I'm not sure if the middle position (both pickups going thru) would be similar sounding to a normal guitar with the 2 sets of vol pots.

Honestly, there's enough variety in p/us to either go all active or all passive. BTW, my friend replaced the p/us in his Epiphone LP with Gibson 57 Classic in the neck and a Gibson 57 Classic Plus in the bridge and it sounds awesome!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thx

Comment

Working...
    X