anyone know offhand what size neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone know offhand what size neck

MichaelMadeja......are you being serious?...If so I'm concerned.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
      MichaelMadeja......are you being serious?...If so I'm concerned.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do you have to be a dick when people come asking honest questions? Nobody here makes fun of you when you ask questions.

Anyways, no, all Floyd Roses are not the same. They do come in different sizes, and they are not all created equally. Your best bet would be to do what you did with the neck and post here a link to a bridge that you want to buy, and someone here can awnser it. I have never replaced the bridge on a Kelly, and I really don't know what size it is,or if an Original Floyd Rose will drop right in, or if it needs modification. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and ignore the a$$holes that want to make fun of you. They have questions they can't awnser, and they learned the same way as you are.

Comment

thanks man.

well... i measured my King V jackson, and measured my kelly body, from the hole to the next hole, and their the same size.

its about 3 and 1/4 inches.

and damn... one of the holes seems to have a crack in it... starts from the top and goes about half a inch down..... should i worry about that?

Comment

The holes for the neck screws?

Comment

holes for the gloyd rose

Comment

OK, the holes that you are talking about are inside the recess for the trem, right? They are two holes close to the humbucker? Those are to mount the trem. Your best bet is to find a Jackson trem that came off a recent guitar. Post a link to anything before you buy it. As for the crack, if it goes from the bushing hole(where the pivot screw sits) towards the cavity for the trem that goes through the body, that can cause problems later on. If you can, get a syringe and shoot superglue into the crack. If you have doubts, have a guitar tech do it. It should be a fairly inexpensive repair. A stitch in time saves nine.

Comment

anyone know offhand what size neck

this one is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41423

he says its a dinky dr5 neck

Comment

25.5" 24 fret. Is that what you were asking, or the heel width? I don't know the heel width, but I would guess that it is the same as most Jacksons.

Comment

Chill out Ace, I was just joking dude. You were doing a fine job of helping him so I wasn't going to butt into the conversation. Just plugged in a little joke, that's all. I do that sometimes ya know? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nothing wrong with having a little fun, it keeps ya young! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X