No announcement yet.

9's or 10's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would 10's put more tension on the bridge and when doing bends, have to compensate more? I use 9's right now and when I do a bend, I have to put more into it to get it to the right key.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

When I started playing, I allways used 9-46, but some 10 years ago I went to 10-49..A couple of years ago I changed to 11-52 and I wont play anything else now...I guess my fingers have changed
      My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Yup, I suppose the band could tune down and 10's might work....
        easier on the vocals too.....hmmmmmmmm.
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Does anyone here use DR strings? They last and crackle longer than any other string i've tried. i'm a 9 pussy as well. Charvels are for slippery fleet fingered looneybirds.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I can't stand 009s - too loose.

I'm heavy handed, and I need a certain amount of physical resistance in the strings to get the picking going properly. I used 009s for years, and switching to 010s was like a revelation! They are harder to bend and stuff...but you will overcome that with a little bit of practice.

Right now I use 010-046 in standard,
            011-050 in Eb,
            012-054 in B.

Comment

10-56 or 10-52. i like it much better than 46's. just watch for twistie neck.

Comment

I've been playin 10s forever, tuned down a half step. The les paul gets 11s tuned down also. I can't shred though, more bluesy soloing.

Comment

I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky's on all my guitars for the last million years. They sound great and sound full through my setup. Come to think of it, I haven't broken a string in literally years, no shit !!!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    Does anyone here use DR strings? They last and crackle longer than any other string i've tried. i'm a 9 pussy as well. Charvels are for slippery fleet fingered looneybirds.
                    Been using the DR Hi-Beam 11-50 on my Jackson Dinky tuned to D. They're nice, and they have lasted pretty long so far.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For standard tuning, I use .11. They kind of have a chunky meaty sound, probably due to the vibration it can create as oppose to .09. Train with .11 and above and in no time, .10 will feel good and easy to play with...

Comment

Working...
                      X