Coil tap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcus View Post
    I've never understood how you guys with so many switches and knobs on your guitars keep track of what does what
    Ah come on, any true guitarist needs some versatility!!!!

.... and yeah, looking at BCRich / Neal Moser wirings is either very instructive or very .. um, confusive
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

The Mini Bich is a homebuilt body, so I had the choice. I certainly cut back on the factory/custom bich options. As for confusion, on mine it's all switches down for leads, and use the three way to select the pups. That switch goes down for the bridge, so all is good.
      I think having the blender option kind of negates the idea of phase between the two pups, so I didn't bother with it. Not to mention the wiring nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
        Ah come on, any true guitarist needs some versatility!!!!

.... and yeah, looking at BCRich / Neal Moser wirings is either very instructive or very .. um, confusive
        Only thing that is missing is a synth/midi sensor. Like the Phantom A7...

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Only thing that is missing is a synth/midi sensor. Like the Phantom A7...
          Yeah, i actually have 3 of those on that guitar + two GK-2A's for each pickup, but the jcf generator doesn't have those, and i suck at drawing
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

I think having the blender option kind of negates the idea of phase between the two pups, so I didn't bother with it.
            IMHO the ability to choose which coil gets "tapped out" so to speak, negates it... but i find a blend is more useful on a bass, whereas on guitar i'm either using the bridge or neck pickup. Maybe just musical style... ?

Comment

Working...
            X