Pickup power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup power?

Hey john boro. Try to find a used emg set it will come with the correct pots all the wireing needed battery clip as well.Very easy to install.EMGs are great. Watch ebay to find a set.I had a set in a model six charvel it was an EMG 81 with 2 "hi" singles it sounded incredible so it should sound good in a soloist.
    10 to 15 bucks is a fair price on the jackson pickup if its complete with cover and lots of lead wire.If the pickup is real clean and the logo is intact I've paid a little more say $20.00 but thats tops.

[ November 02, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Richard ]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

right thanks for the advice, Emg looks good. But if i have one EMG active humbucker I would need to use the 25k pots etc with it. But then when i was using neck and middle pickups which are passive, wouldnt the 25k pots not work with these?
      also, Im in england so the Ebay market for pickups is kinda crap. Ill keep a lookout though

Comment

If it is not possible to use an active Emg bucker in conjunction with the passive single coils, I might look at a high output passive. I have found a site that has the Kent Armstrong Ultra Distortion for £39 delivered. Its 20 k ohms or something. Is that possible?! i want something loud, for good distortion, but not so much that i cant get a clean tone from it

john

Comment

It is possible to combine an EMG humbucker with passive singles, but it would require some creative wiring for sure, and I'm guessing the EMG humbucker would dominate big-time over the singlecoils. There are people here who have done it, but I can't remember who they are now. C750? Chuckracer?

If you'd like to keep the current singlecoils, I think it would be easier to go with a good passive pickup, such as a Duncan Distortion or JB. I'm not very familiar with either Duncans or Armstrongs, but I'm sure there are people here that can tell you everything about them. =)

'bane

Comment

EMG has wiring diagrams on their site that include how to wire active EMG's with passive pickups. Go to the Active EMG link, which is the top link on the home page, then click Technical then EMG wiring book, and select the configuration you want!!

Comment

Working...
            X