Stew-mac kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stew-mac kits

Yeah, if you buy just the fret tools you need for that 1 guitar it would be under 100 bucks for sure, a lot cheaper than having it done professionally. I say if you've got the money to blow go for the kit and give it a shot, it'll be great experience but keep in mind that it will be a rather expensive guitar building lesson!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

BM and MM, thanks for the encoutragement and helpful advice. Twister, I by no means think that I am going to build a "Martin" quality guitar from a kit-but if i want an acoustic guitar with pink and purple transparent stain, sperzel locking tuners, banana shaped inlays, a swiss cheese headstock and 14 different strap buttons so i dont have to mess with the buckle thing on the strap, I can do that with a kit and it will be because I want it that way, not because that was all that was available in the shop. If I wanted someone to make me feel like an idiot for asking a simple question, I would call my calculus professor from my freshman year!

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
        BM and MM, thanks for the encoutragement and helpful advice. Twister, I by no means think that I am going to build a "Martin" quality guitar from a kit-but if i want an acoustic guitar with pink and purple transparent stain, sperzel locking tuners, banana shaped inlays, a swiss cheese headstock and 14 different strap buttons so i dont have to mess with the buckle thing on the strap, I can do that with a kit and it will be because I want it that way, not because that was all that was available in the shop. If I wanted someone to make me feel like an idiot for asking a simple question, I would call my calculus professor from my freshman year!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can't make you feel like an idiot without your permission.

Good luck on your projects. Measure twice, cut once, post pics when finished.

Pete

Comment

Oh, here's the simple kit instructions from Stewmac - might want to review these, along with the tool and materials list.

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-5295/i-5295.pdf

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X