Jackson Floyd Lincenced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Floyd Lincenced

Hey Torabi, the night it's pretty clear and nice today. If you were near I would invite you to the beach with your family and some marshmellows and have a bonfire, the wood is here. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

My friend mm2002, I'm thankful to you for your intention, your a gentlenman [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Let me tell you everything that is done yet. The holes are already plugged. I got a woodpin stick from a hardware store near my house. I sand the two plugs a little because they're thicker than the hole, tought after sanding I left them less thicker so they can get in tightly. I put wood glue in the holes and hammered (softly) the woodpins with a counterdie of the same thick of the plugs so no mess were done on the surface of the body around the holes neither with the glue. I have downloaded some pages from a Floyd site so I made the templates needed to make the routings. I know a wood worker and cabinet maker, father of a friend of mine who is the man I contacted for the making of the routings with the specific measurements (money saved). Now I'm waiting a few days for the plugs to get strongly glued. The new drills for the trem were marked to be drill in a drill bench so they get perfectly done by my friend's father. The posts are here, but I was asking wich was the better way to install the trem without too many problems though I would like to make the routing because the router bench, router bits, and a pro wood worker with a lot years of experience working with wood is here. The job is being doing in his shop. I ask you mm2002 how much did you cut off the trem block you toll me, so the work can be well done by me here. I understand now what you mean with the angle drills in the block. The arrangement for a paint job was done some weeks ago with a tinsmith friend of mine wich I did a favor in an aluminum welding job. He's one of the best of the area, he dominate acrilics, lackers, urethane, and clear coats. The job is an easy one I saw in the San Dimas site. He will pay me the favor I did to him with this one to me(saved money again). I know that maybe you think I'm not prepared for this project but this the way I was thinking to do it, and with your excuse I will finish it because it's a challenge that I know I can handle. That's why I was asking too much because the materials are all here, but the knowledge I want to learn from you guys, like that there's no way to get wrong (I think), theory from you, practice by me. My first contact with a guitar was in 1983 with an acoustic cheap guitar I asked from my mother in Christmas. I fell in love with Jackson/Charvel the fisrt time I saw one in a video in 1984. In 1988 I bought a cheap copy of a Charvel "flat top face" without frontal comfort levelsin a local store. Three months ago I bought a Fender Stratocaster from eBay... but my beloved baby (from eBay too) is gonna be born soon. When the project is finished pics will be post so you can give me my grade. Thanks again mm2002 you're a cool guy man, got my respect (don't you remember how much you cut off the block of that old trem you toll me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). I know that with your comments and tips I'll end proudly with the product of my effort. "May the force be with me..." [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by chemical_ali:
        if i were you i'd recess the trem because it looks cool. also, the strings would be angled more paralelle to the body like a strat or tele which seems more natural for me to play rather than angled like a gibson.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So just because it looks cool is reason to do it? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I happen to think it looks better the way it is non-recessed (I also like how it feels and that it's more off the body and gives you more room to pick than with a recess). Also, like Etaeniura said, if you recess the trem, you'll have to shim the neck up and make it straighter instead of angled back like a Gibson. You'll also have to get a trem with a shorter block, or modify it as MM suggested.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Make sure you drill the holes for the posts on the right place! These bastard JCF'ers [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] don't tell you not to do it unless you know what you're doing.

Anyways, I attempted doing the same thing you're doing, and I ended up replugging and drilling them damn holes like 4 times! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

But then again, I'm one stupid focker [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like you're going about this the right way and I think your project will turn out fine. Cut 3/8" off the trem block if you're going to recess it. Good luck bro! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            (and post pics!)
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X