Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone been able to fit two 9V batteries in a KE3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only in europe......
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Only in Europe???

You can find them almost anywhere.

They'll cost a little more and you might want to look at mAH rating.

But there are other solution besides routing or ghetto rigging it.

If the standard 9 volts are that tight, it's just a matter of time before something breaks.
      sigpic

Comment

Ah okay, I thought so! :P, I knew we didn't have some new break-thru battery technology over here
        Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Additionally, you could take 6 small 1.5 volt batteries wired in series and make your own battery with some plastic shrink wrap.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd need two sets (12) of them. and that plate (to hold them) would be really wide...
            Last edited by Mario8672; 02-04-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Or 3 of these....

etc., etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
                Or 3 of these....

6*

Comment

I don't know if your powering two seperate circuits or just one.

Anyway 3*3 volt batteries will give you 9 volts wired in series.

And of course 6*3 volt batteries will give you 18 volts, if that's what you need.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
                    Only in Europe???

You can find them almost anywhere.

They'll cost a little more and you might want to look at mAH rating.

But there are other solution besides routing or ghetto rigging it.

If the standard 9 volts are that tight, it's just a matter of time before something breaks.
                    i wasn't saying they only exist in europe....... only that someone in europe would conseive ( hope i spelled that right.......) the thought and hell if you feeling gamey then put the batteries in the floyd cavity, tape them to the part behind the springs
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

i would like to request a picture of these so called half sized batterys

Comment

The 3 - 3volt batteries together will make 9 volts, but they will not last as long as the regular 9V battery unless you're using the right ones. Most are weak, anywhere from 50 to 200 mAh.
                        The ones you want are Energizer CR 2450. These are 3 volts with a 625 mAh rating. A regular 9 volt battery has about 650 mAh, so 3 - 2450's combined would give you 1875 mAh. That's a long life. 6 of them (18 volts) would probably last years. They're about 15/16" wide by 3/16" thick so 6 of them together would only be around 1 1/8" thick!
                        They're probably expensive though! I'd guess $3 - $4 each in stores, although some on ebay for $2.95.
                        It would be interesting to make something to hold them together and wire them, but possible. Duct tape anyone?
                        Check on www.energizer.com , go into Technical Info at the top of the page, then click on Coin Lithium in the dropdown menu under product group on the left.
                        I'm using an Energizer Industrial Lithium 9V ( # L522 ) in my Jackson with EMG's that's rated at 1200 mAh. Works great!
                        Good luck!

Comment

Correction on my last post, kinda screwed up on my math and basic electronic principles.
                          The 3 - 3 volt batteries (CR 2450) when connected in series will be 9 volts, but would still only have 625mAh. So 6 of these will give you 18 volts, but about the same run time as a regular 9volt battery, which is still quite a bit.
                          It's only when connected in parallel that the mAh (longevity) increases, however the volts remain the same as the single battery.

ie: 6 X 3 volt CR2450 in series = 18 volts, 625mAh
                          6 X 3 volt CR2450 in parallel = 3 volts, 1875 mAh

It would still work, but not for as long as I had originally thought.

Comment

Working...
                          X