No announcement yet.

switching emg position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 85 isn't muddy at all. It just isn't as tight as the 81. OTOH, there is no pickup on earth that matches the 81 for tightness. Nor does the 85 sound more scooped - it has more mids than the 81 for sure, and plenty of bite.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      LOL Well, I know there's other board members that feel the same as me, so...
      My all mahogany Les Paul seems to like the 85 just fine in the bridge... no mud at all. Maybe you guys need to work on your amp eq'ing skills or something?? :ROTF:
      nope...EQ aint the problem. i just like a sharp, cutting and tight tone the 85 is too warm (or muddy...one mans warm....etc!)

it just didnt work for me but it works for others, so its all good!
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        The 85 isn't muddy at all. It just isn't as tight as the 81. OTOH, there is no pickup on earth that matches the 81 for tightness. Nor does the 85 sound more scooped - it has more mids than the 81 for sure, and plenty of bite.
        see i didnt find that the case...the 85 was smoother, looser (more bottom) and just had an inherant "scooped" tone to my ears (and even in the neck position it does as well, to me).

it may have more mids, but not in the right places to my ear! the 85 has more of a low midrange thing going on, the 85 has a brighter top portion of the spectrum.

just what my ears tell me... to each his own...tone is subjective and we all like something different!
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Working...
        X