X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 rulz in my book!!
    I love admins!

Comment

After playing my EMG 81 guitars for a long time... I decided to play one of my JB guitars. I couldnt stand it. Then I tried another one just to be sure, and sure enough I couldnt stand it. To my ears, it was a good deal muddier than the 81 for sure. Ill slowly be changing them out!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I dig EMG's for low tuned hi-gain tones. For everything else i like passives pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          After playing my EMG 81 guitars for a long time... I decided to play one of my JB guitars. I couldnt stand it. Then I tried another one just to be sure, and sure enough I couldnt stand it. To my ears, it was a good deal muddier than the 81 for sure. Ill slowly be changing them out!
          Send 'em all to me. Thanks, Rob.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Check my thread http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60920
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Send 'em all to me. Thanks, Rob.
              Got any EMG's or hotter Duncans to trade?
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I have alway sdisliked EMG and active pups in general. Last year I got an older SL-1 with an 81 in the bridge and 2 SA's. I was BLOWN the hell away by the 81 thru my Dual Rectifer, blown away I say! It sounds great, nice gain, great sustain and just a punchy tone. Now I have been an SD supported for years and am a huge fan on the Screamin Demon, never like dthe JB to be honest. Ok tone, no gain and just doesnt seem to have life. I then picked up an SL2H with the Zakk set in it, 85/81 and again, it sounds fantastic. So to me, I hate the JB and I am bouncing between my guitars with EMG's and Duncan Demons right now...my tone has never been better. I should also say that I am straight into my amp, a Boss tuner and an Optical wah, no other effects!

Comment

YOu see, opinions are like a-holes. We all have one. It's just a matter of taste. Some like the 81. Some like the JB. I have and use both. Don't forget you have to consider the actual guitar you're putting them in. Different woods and construction sound differently. I've had axes with 81s and they can sound poo-poo. Swap it with a JB and it sounds godly. In other words many factors to consider.

Why not try and borrow them (if you don't have them) from a friend and try them in the guitar in question. Don't "hard-wire" them. It'll help in the swapping process.

Good luck.
                  -PT

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Hmmm. Both suck IMO, but the JB sucks less in the neck than in the bridge. The 81 sucks even while sitting in a box, so I guess I'd hafta go with the BJ
                    ROFLMFAO dude this made me shoot Mountain Dew out my nose :ROTF:
                    - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      Quicker fix: swap it for a Custom, then sell it to Racerx2k.

Hey, I don't recall anything about MONEY being exchanged!
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        Eh, that's just because you turned your ears, retarded, after listen to those damned active pickups for so long!
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                        X