No announcement yet.

Mahogany neck on mahogany? or maple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I choose the maple because someone earlier said that mahogany won't look good in the stringers because its kind of a dark wood and there won't be a major difference. But, I understand and obviously what I care about is the sound.

Now, I guess I should go with a mahogany neck then? I really don't know actually, sometimes I just think I should go with another USA select and adapt to it, like I'm doing with my black KV-2 but then again, I've always wanted to get my ideal guitar and there are some things that I don't like about the KV-2 that I'd like to get done.

If I do a 3 piece neck, I guess there is also a dark wood involved or is it all the same wood?

Comment

Bubinga?

Comment

A 3-piece can be the same wood, but if it's full custom it can be whatever you want/can afford. Here's an example of maple/walnut/maple.

|My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

So if I do a mahogany/walnut, will there be a difference in colour? I mean, as far as BC Rich goes, you can see a very clear difference between the mahogany neck and the walnut stripes.

If I choose maple/walnut, that'd be great but I've been told it adds to the weight, plus, I'd like the pickups to rest on mahogany rather than maple.

Comment

Working...
          X