X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and you should too.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
      No, he uses the Duncan Dave Mustaine live wires now.
      Which is basically an active version of the JB and Jazz. Personally, I can't stand the JB and think it's overrated. The Jazz may just be the best passive neck pickup ever, though, next to DiMarzio's Super 2.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Which is basically an active version of the JB and Jazz. Personally, I can't stand the JB and think it's overrated. The Jazz may just be the best passive neck pickup ever, though, next to DiMarzio's Super 2.
        Joe, the Mustaine Livewires did start out as an active version of a JB and a Jazz, but the final product is a far cry from those pickups. The bridge pickup reminds me more of an EMG 85 only a little more lively with a bit more tonal range. The neck pickup does sound a lot like a cross between the Jazz and say a Pearly Gates or a Custom Custom. I put a set in my DKMG and they sound way cool.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

On the flip side of that I love the JB, and think the Jazz is underated but not the best pickup made. That honor goes to the EMG81 . As for Dave Mustaine, I'm pretty sure that even though he has the signature Seymour Duncan Live Wire set, a lot of his gutiars appear to still use the Jazz/JB combo (recent pics kinda lead me to that conclusion).

Comment

Well I know he had a DDJ and Lawrence in his black logo guitar in 1988-1991. I'm pretty sure he still has a DDJ in his silver number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              On the flip side of that I love the JB, and think the Jazz is underated but not the best pickup made. That honor goes to the EMG81 .
              Heh. I prefer the 85 in the bridge with either an 81 or 60 in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                Joe, the Mustaine Livewires did start out as an active version of a JB and a Jazz, but the final product is a far cry from those pickups. The bridge pickup reminds me more of an EMG 85 only a little more lively with a bit more tonal range. The neck pickup does sound a lot like a cross between the Jazz and say a Pearly Gates or a Custom Custom. I put a set in my DKMG and they sound way cool.
                Hmmm, I thought they changed it, but I believe Tim (Zerberus) or someone else said they were still supposed to be the active version of the JB/Jazz.

Comment

Heh. I prefer the 85 in the bridge with either an 81 or 60 in the neck.
                  On that note I like the 81 at the birdge, but it also makes a killer neck pickup

Comment

The point here fellahs, is that you should buy the new Dave Mustaine pickups.

We bought 45 sets for the series we're building for dave.

The rest will hopefully go into actual consumer purchased guitars.

Buy, believe, Sell, and feel the way Dave Mustaine says so.

Comment

I hear for silver number One you need a JB early logo and a J90 pickup instead of the Lawrence 500XL.
                      http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/davemustaine/
                      http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/d...ics/dm0101.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X