X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE work so far!
    What type of paint remover did you use?

Comment

Nice job sis! Something inside me always said there had to be something decent under there......you're proving that! You go!!!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[quote=micha;834193]and I didn't get why someone beeing that nice wouldn't like to be named here at first...
        nice project anyway!!

Well, I wasn't sure if he wanted me yappin about his generosity (some people are weird like that) but, it doesn't seem to be an issue with him..so
        Mark gave this to me (mm2002) which was super duper ultra cool of him.

Wayniac,
        I used Crown Liquid Paint and Varnish Remover. We got it at Lowes. Worked great for this.

Comment

WOW looks like its gonna be a sweet bass. Is there any kind of defining markings or anything on the neck heal? If i had to guess it looks like a early 90s USA fender jazz. Or a Japanese 76 reissue with those block inlays but the tuners are wrong. so who knows. It ould be a copy. Still looks cool. As for the pain on the body with th 2 color burst on the treble side. Yes Company's did that under the pickguard to keep costs down. Fender did it too for a while.
          Gil

Comment

Geddy Lee's signature model neck is maple with black blocks.

Comment

That neck looks 100 times better already. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Comment

man who would do that to a good instrument?

nice refin job so far!
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Bob Ross was a Vietnam vet and a sniper IIRC.He would always say "Put lots of leaves on the trees that way no one will see you hiding there".He was a very cool guy.RIP Bob.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    Yes it does bit alos has a badass bridge. It could be a GL neck on a AMerican std body.
                    Gil

Comment

There is nothing in the neck pocket or on the neck heel. That's what made me think it was a copy..but the headstock is much too Fender..the Suzuki one has more "bend" to it..hard to describe.
                      I'll have pics up of the finished product soon..

Comment

[QUOTE=guitarsjb;834501]
                        Originally posted by micha View Post
                        and I didn't get why someone beeing that nice wouldn't like to be named here at first...
                        nice project anyway!!

Well, I wasn't sure if he wanted me yappin about his generosity (some people are weird like that) but, it doesn't seem to be an issue with him..so
                        Mark gave this to me (mm2002) which was super duper ultra cool of him.
                        I was guessing it was one of Fett's $99 specials

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                          Yes it does bit alos has a badass bridge.
                          I believe it also has fretboard binding.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                            I believe it also has fretboard binding.
                            Plus his is black with a white guard.
                            Soooo wassup sis? Is it done yet? We need pics!
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Gorgeous neck now it has been stripped.
                              Prior, sorry but it was an amateur job why for the life of me they do it i don't know, if you can't paint leave well alone.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                                Plus his is black with a white guard.
                                Soooo wassup sis? Is it done yet? We need pics!
                                Sorry, project is being derailed by the holidays..should be done soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X