Trem ID Charvel/Schaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    I live in the only country in the world.

..And you don't even have a proper J/C Catalogue Scan Resource?! You need to ask overseas for help. What The Futt do you call a country like that?

(did I go too far? )
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No. But I think your nose is a little out of joint. We, me, in the US are lazy. I want fast answers and I got it.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: I will remember your source next time.
      Last edited by fett; 11-27-2006, 07:14 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I keep hearing a bout "Single Locking Floyd II" Trems.... I´ve never seen one of these.... But I have never seen a double locking Floyd III either... could this be a possible source of confusion and TJmeans FR III?

Comment

I've never seen a "Single Locking Floyd II" either. Joe, please show us your "Single Locking Floyd II".
          Henrik

Comment

I do indeed mean a Floyd II. The original version was single locking. I'll see if I can get a picture of my old one later... it is stamped Floyd Rose II on it. It looks exactly like the one on your site, Henrik, but it does say Floyd Rose II instead of just Floyd Rose like what yours is showing, and mine is also black instead of chrome as shown.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Interesting... I´d definitely like to see pics of your old one , TJ, because those 2 trems pictured are exactly what I know as a Floyd III Single locking....

Then again, we may not find out for sure either way, because the baseplates are interchangeable between the II and the III, so any of them could have been swapped....

But come to think of it, I´m reasonably sure that the JT-590 was introduced on instruments a year or so before the 570 Single locking.... I´m also fairly certain that the Floyd Rose II stamp wasn´t introduced on baseplates until the never ones with the brass inserts were put into production....
              Last edited by Zerberus; 11-28-2006, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Here's a pic from the VintageKramer site that shows Floyd Rose II stamped. I'll try to see if I can get a good pic of mine later on. Mine was from a cheap Kramer 600ST from like '86 or '87. http://www.vintagekramer.com/company42.htm

Comment

I have a Floyd Rose II on my 89 Fender that dosen't have the Schaller stamp. Where was that made?

Comment

Deutschland, Bill!
                    Henrik

Comment

I thought it was made in Germany. Stupid knockoffs.

Comment

Just for comparison, here's the Floyd III:

Very similar to the non-locking II, but doesn't have the same squared-off tubes that the strings run through.

Comment

ARGH, now it all comes to me again, that pic did it, thanks *smacks forehead*

OFR = What most of us know and love
                          FR II Double Locking = standard Schaller double locking, aka. JT-590
                          FR II Single locking = Schaller style single locking with Schaller baseplate and Square tubes, aka. JT-570
                          FR III = OFR Style single locking with OFR style baseplate and round tubes. Don´t recall ever seeing one of these on a J/C.

Last edited by Zerberus; 11-29-2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Ah, there's the elusive FR III. I remember seeing a pic of one of those before, couldn't quite remember it.

Comment

If the FR III is single locking, then what are the slots in the tubes for? Sure looks like locking bolts to me:

Henrik

Comment

Good eye, Henrik. It sure does look like the slots might be there to allow you to bend the string out of the way & then fit an allen wrench in to tighten down and pinch the string somehow. The only other pic I can find of one is this one that tanpsi found on a pawnshop guitar.

Don't know if he bought it, though. Maybe someone at the Kramer forum knows the deal on these, since they say it was made for Kramer to go on lower-end guitars.
                                Last edited by dg; 12-10-2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X