RS Guitarworks electronic kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
    Thanks, Tim...now you can sell me your Hovlands cheap since we've determined they make no difference! ;-)
    :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Yeah!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
      Thanks, Tim...now you can sell me your Hovlands cheap since we've determined they make no difference! ;-)
      Sure, stop by the house.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        HOWEVER, a lot of audio gurus state that you need to 'break in' caps with voltage before they start to sound good. Go to sozoamps.com and read some of their literature... I actually believe some of this, because I recapped one of my 18 watt Marshalls with Sozos and it sounds good now, but sounded like crap at first.

So lets say you have a 400-600v cap on your les paul, that's putting out millivolts instead of even a volt. How long is it going to take for that cap to 'burn in' at that voltage?
        There's an opportunity. Marketing high voltage huge caps that have been "pre-broken in" in a high voltage circuit and are "now ready for supreme tone in a guitar circuit".

Comment

You can make all the light of this product you want I know they work.
          You think you know great tone fine, but if you are too afraid to try the kit and find out for yourself how much better your guitar can sound I feel sorry for you.
          Its really sad you try to help people and all they can do is make assumptions that you must be some idiot.I'm no idiot I assure you.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dont think its that people WONT try it, its the fact that people who know what theyre doing find it extremely foolish to spend $60+ on a few pots and wires. I feel sorry for anyone who buys it for more than the $15 worth of material that the kit is packed with.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nobody is calling you an idiot. The thing is that the claims being made about these don't make a lot of sense really.

For instance, please explain how you are going to "break in" a 400v capacitor in a passive guitar within a half hour that must "run" for what amounts to several days in an active circuit. That simply makes no sense at all.

And how is a 500k super pot going to sound better than a normal 500k CTS pot?
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                You think you know great tone fine, but if you are too afraid to try the kit and find out for yourself how much better your guitar can sound I feel sorry for you.
                you calling me chicken? Right, that's it. I'll have to buy one of these kits now!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I didn't think it made much difference myself at first I tried to look at it rationally.But I was wrong.The super pot and reg pot probably sound the same but the super has tighter tolerance and a thicker contact area more like a vintage pot, plus they have a brass shaft for longjevity. If you bump it accidentally it wont roll the vol down.
                  IIRC Warren Haynes does have one of these kits.
                  As does Rick Neilson(Cheap Trick)in his 70s Explorer RS just refinished.Loaded with RS/Fralin true 60s humbuckers.
                  Last edited by straycat; 05-05-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Tim I dont know what the voltage is on the hovland caps but I do know after the kit is installed there is a period where the sound is kind of nasily for lack of a better word.After about 20 min of playing you can hear the sound of the guitar change it will start to fatten up and you will start to hear the pickup "open up" and get clearer.Why the caps do this I'm not sure but it does.

Comment

Take one of your cheaper guitars one that is a killer player install a kit and tell it me if it doesn't kick ass.Leave in the stock pickups too.

Comment

Working...
                      X