Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
      +1 on the Planet Waves kit.
      +2

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
        I have a couple of Monster cables, but the ends are just a hair thicker than other brands. I've found that on guitars where I've used Monster cables extensively, that when using a different brand, they don't fit snug. I have since switched to LiveWires for all my patch and speaker cables. It was time to retire the Radio Shack crap!
        This is true. I only use Monster Bass cables for my bass rig and now any other cable I use for my bass is always a bit loose. But I love the Monster stuff so I never use anything else anyway.

It's like they say, once you go Monster, you never go back.

I have a new set of George L stuff for the pedalboard I'm about to put together. I wish I had experience with them but I don't yet.

Comment

George L or Planet waves kit. Being able to custom make your cables at any length you need easily and quickly is great for pedalboards or racks. I have George L's that I assembled years ago that still work fine, but had to get the planet waves kit since I couldn't get anything local other than them. Either are a good choice, planet waves gets my nod just because they are easier to assemble and have a setscrew to hold the cable in place.

Pete

Comment

Todd, one other thing - you should really consider getting a power supply for your pedalboard. Pick up a one spot adapter and a daisy chain cable for around $30 total (or less, I'm going from memory here) and free yourself from the batteries.

Pete

Comment

I like George L's. They also have very low capacitance so you don't lose highs on a 20' run. They ARE thin and thus coil kind of funny, and they're not the toughest out there (though they're easy to fix). I like the Spectraflex for a tough-as-nails cable. But many top-line cables will work fine. Just look for good Belden, Canare, or Mogami cable with Switchcraft or Neutrik ends and you're golden. Or roll your own.

I swore off Monster because I choose not to support overlitigious jerk-type people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester700 View Post
                I swore off Monster because I choose not to support overlitigious jerk-type people.
                +1

I like their Monster Rock cable and still use it for guitar to first input because I have about 3 of them, but I've had them for years. I haven't bought any new Monster stuff for quite some time. I will say that their warranty service is nice. I've sent my Rock cables off two or three times for warranty service and I get a new replacement back fairly quickly. But they're not getting any more of my money. Plus, most of their stuff is overpriced.

Comment

Well,
                  I took the planetwaves plunge today. They seem to go together easy and they all work now.
                  Im taking the pedalboard to rehersal in a few. I hope they all work by the time I get there........

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  Todd, one other thing - you should really consider getting a power supply for your pedalboard. Pick up a one spot adapter and a daisy chain cable for around $30 total (or less, I'm going from memory here) and free yourself from the batteries.

Pete
                  Pete,
                  I see batteries as freeing me up from trying to find a socket on the front of the stage. Thanks for the concern tho.....

Thanks again everybody
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Curious as to what type of pedal board work off of batteries? Are we talking a lead acid battery or like D-cells? Strange...

Comment

the batteries are in the pedals, not the board.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X