No announcement yet.

Hate your vintage trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about a Tremol-No? I haven't used one yet on a vintage trem, but it worked fine for me on a licensed Floyd.

Comment

Good call, Chad. According to the FAQ, the Tremol-no will fit on a v-trem just as well as a floyd. A totally reversible mod is always the way to go in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        Good call, Chad. According to the FAQ, the Tremol-no will fit on a v-trem just as well as a floyd. A totally reversible mod is always the way to go in my book.
        +1 Works great!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          just tighten the 6 screws down on your vintage trem, add 5 springs and block the sustain block with a cheap piece of wood. DONE.
          Actually if you tighten the 6 screws down it tilts the bridge forwards due to the slant under the front. Since those trems usually sit on top of the body, all you have to do is put 5 springs under it and tighten the claw.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is correct.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I´m a proponent of the 5 springs and tightening the claw, but for people that are still bothered by thje reverb the springs generate the trem can also be blocked from both sides and the springs simply removed. Reversability rules

Comment

You can also jam some pickup box foam (like Duncan's, not the thin sheet that comes with EMGs) under the springs right next to the claw.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                  Newc is correct.

No, actually, you just remove all the springs, and epoxy the trem to the top of the body.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

....i know someone who epoxied his floyd! and no, it's not a wanking euphemism.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hehehe. "Epoxied his Floyd"
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                        I agree on the sustain bull-crap. Nothing beats this solution for more sustain

Is that the 40-cycle hum lover's special? :ROTF:

-a

Comment

Working...
                        X