No announcement yet.

Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0000 steel wool. Just cover up the pups with a towel. Those mags will pick up the lint. Then put the wool in your hand just like you would hold the neck and go up and down it a few times. It works like a champ. It's kinda like beating off. I'm sorry.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Then put the wool in your hand just like you would hold the neck and go up and down it a few times. It's kinda like beating off. I'm sorry.
      Then I would be using the wrong hand.

Thanks for the info!!!

Comment

I didn't know there was a "wrong" hand for that. Well, maybe a stranger's hand would be wrong... depending on the situation.

Comment

http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/

I use this on my whole guitar without any problems. For the finish you only need to use a couple of drops since it can be very slick, but on the fret board you can use a lot if needed. It really brings out the beauty in ebony and has restored a couple of my friends guitars to looking new. This is the stuff they should put in infomercials,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            Steel wool is cool. Endust works too.
            You can use Endust on the back of the neck, but don't use it on an ebony or rosewood fingerboard... unless you like the funky white build-up that'll get in the pores of the wood and take an eternity to work its way out.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
              I didn't know there was a "wrong" hand for that. Well, maybe a stranger's hand would be wrong... depending on the situation.
              I normally use the right hand. I switch to the left to make it feel like a stranger.

Comment

thanks guys, im gonna give the real fine steel wool a try on the back of the neck.

oh and toejam for a true stranger, sit on your hand until it falls asleep.

Comment

There's an idea! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                    if you don't want a clean fretboard and shiny frets then don't do it.

waste you time and money on inferior products and possibly damage your fretboard with a razorblade or guitar pic trying to get that gunk off. then figure out how to make those frets shine again...

0000 grade steel wool is just fine and will not hurt your axe if used correctly.

Agree 10000% mask the pups first, and go real easy on the back of the neck if it's oiled though, because it's a real thin finish, but this is the way to do it. Works especially well on the fretboard. No harm at all, just easy cleaning. Picks are for playin.... not cleaning

Comment

what'll clean a maple board that 0000 steel wool didn't clean(still a ton of deep crud in there)? naphtha? mild grit sandpaper?

Comment

Working...
                      X