I need a killer pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need a killer pickup

I just replaced my old (active) jackson pickup w/ an EMG 81 in my sl1, and it rocks!! I really like the way it seperates the sound of the strings! Note that I only play thrash metal on it!
    I love admins!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      maybe somebody had something to add and didn't want to upset the "search function police". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron rarely makes it this high up the board anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you can find one, I always thought that the Jackson J-95 pickup was the most in your face stock pickup ever produced. That thing just flat out ROCKS!!.......In any case, I bet the originator of this thread has already made his purchase and our views on the subject are a moot point anyways lol.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I just replaced my old (active) jackson pickup

[/ QUOTE ]
          Jackson's never made active pickups. They're all passive and can utilize active electronics. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

exactly. i see many people on net talking they have active jackson pu's. that's just passive pickup + active electronics. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I like my Jackson RR with pre-amp (1992). J-80 neck and J90C bridge. With the preamp, I can get that cool Stryper tone that I don't think any other pickup/preamp combo can get.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I just replaced my old (active) jackson pickup

[/ QUOTE ]
                Jackson's never made active pickups. They're all passive and can utilize active electronics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification!!
                I love admins!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  maybe somebody had something to add and didn't want to upset the "search function police". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron rarely makes it this high up the board anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahaha, I was on vacation, you 'tard! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

J90.
                    I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

I love the JB.. I have it in most of my guitars, but if you want a heavier version of it go for the SH-6 (Duncan Distortion) but you will have less Tone or mid.

I have a Dimebucker and I like it a lot. Have not had a good chance to compare it to my JB's.

The Syemour Duncan web site has a GREAT page where you can hear most of their stuff.

I have been wanting to try their Active stuff. Has anyone tried them?

D

Comment

Oh, probably some of my favorite PUP's are the old preamped Jackson pups that came in the early nineties. This circuit also comes in the nineties jap (professional) guitars. These are really hot and have great tone. I have a set of these (SSH) in my J0076 soloist...Doh! Oh, I also added the EMG preamp too! Crazy. I get some really crazy tones with these preamps and playing with in and out-of-phase switches I also added... double DOH!

D

Comment

EMG 89 , you get 2 for one screamers, a 85/SA mode w the push/pull
                          pot. Like the SA mode for lead switch playing?

http://ww.emgpickups.com/displayprod...=6&catalogid=6
                          Last edited by SGplayer; 11-01-2006, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Wow, a pup thread from 3 years ago!

Thats gotta be a bump record :p

Comment

Jg,it's not a wasted thread.Someone will get some useful info from it.Unless they start bitching about being called a newbie or some other abstact bullshit that makes them get their feelings hurt.........
                              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

well, strictly speaking, this is only a 1 year bump. The original thread had been bumped last year. So this is a rebump, if you will
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X