No announcement yet.

I cant stand the JB all of a sudden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JBs are fine, although I definitely prefer the Custom, too.

Also, I've found that JBs are very sensitive to pickup height settings. If you get them nice and close to the strings, they sound great. Just a hair too far away, though, and they sound weak.

Comment

If you like teh character of the Jb but not the top end and the bottom ,go with the Custom.If you like the allover character but not the bottom and the output ,go with a Duncan Distortion.If you like to broaden your tone ,have a better bottom end and nice screaming harmonics ,go with the Duncan PATB2 Distortion.This is the best Seymour Duncan hi-gain PU for my ears and in my experience!
      Cheers!
      www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

My JB is lower output than what it replaced (I want to say J35, but I honestly don't remember), but I like it that way. I can actually turn up amps now without getting instant feedback. To each his own I guess.

Don't forget to check out the clips on SDs site. They helped me a lot in choosing the JB.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          My JB is lower output than what it replaced (I want to say J35, but I honestly don't remember), but I like it that way. I can actually turn up amps now without getting instant feedback. To each his own I guess.

Don't forget to check out the clips on SDs site. They helped me a lot in choosing the JB.
          JB is indeed a very good allrounder!The A5 magnet deliver enough punch and good dynamics.But the top and the bottom are not round and tight enough for my ears.Anyways ,every guitar reacts different and we all play different!That makes more sense!
          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
            I use the Vetta also, and on it, the JB is the best sounding pickup. My EMGs sound sterile and lifeless. Like Newc said, I attribute this to the fact I used a JB pickup'd guitar to set all my patch settings. Try saving your patches to a separate bank, then go in a tweak them with the JB guitar, so then you'll have a specific bank o' patches for the JB. Also, you might try leaving the patch settings the same, but change the cabinet type in the patch. You might find a cabinet setting that works better with the JB.
            Great suggestion! I do the same for my Zoom effects pedal I use in front of my amp. I have 40 presets and I use different banks with similar patches (in each bank) tweaked for different guitars and even amps it's plugged into. Not all guitars (with different pickup combinations) will sound the same through the same pedal/amp. Saves time when plugging in different guitars and using different amps all the time. No need to tweak settings every time you change something. Gives you more time to just play!!!
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
            X