7 string pickup suggestion revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were done with 7s, Siggy?

In that guitar, the current recommendation over at SevenString.org if the Blaze is too muddy for you (which I think they are, too) is the DSonic 7, which is what's shipping in the Petrucci 7s now. Apparently they have the bright "spike" like a JB without the low-end woof that makes them muddy in basswood.
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
      A Custom 5 in a Basswood body would probably sound great.
      Wow. Scoop-o-matic - although it might indeed overcome the mid-heavy basswood. For whatever reason, though, I've always thought DiMarzios sounded better in basswood than any of the Duncans - and I'm a Duncan guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
        I have Blaze customs in my 7 string they're alot better than the original Blaze pick ups that came out or were stock in some of the Ibanez 7 strings. Besides these I have used the EMG 707 81 , & the original 707's
        I had a Blaze Custom in my H207 - it wasn't muddy like the Blaze, but it was way TOO bright, compared to the JB7 in my other guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
          Wow. Scoop-o-matic - although it might indeed overcome the mid-heavy basswood. For whatever reason, though, I've always thought DiMarzios sounded better in basswood than any of the Duncans - and I'm a Duncan guy.
          You might be right on that, the JB sounded great and I prefer the Custom 5 over all as a pickup, but I've never used one in a Basswood body.
          I know shit about dimarzios so I can't recommend anything there.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yeah so did i, go figure, i will only use it once in awhile, but nice to have it there in the backline if i need it.

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
            I thought you were done with 7s, Siggy?

In that guitar, the current recommendation over at SevenString.org if the Blaze is too muddy for you (which I think they are, too) is the DSonic 7, which is what's shipping in the Petrucci 7s now. Apparently they have the bright "spike" like a JB without the low-end woof that makes them muddy in basswood.

Comment

Working...
            X