No announcement yet.

I need me some paintin' done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Paul at Bighead has a Model 2 body of mine right now that he's doing a refin on for me. He has replied to all the questions I've had in a quick and timely manner.

The only other painter who replied to me with a quote was Shadoe at Beyond Custom, and her reply was pretty quick too.

I did try a several other painters including Marty, but he never got back to me on pricing the graphic I was wanting. Now, the refin I'm having done probably isn't the easiest to do, so I chalked up the lack of pricing replies from other companies as they just didn't have time/were too busy with other work.

Good luck finding someone to do your refin.

Comment

So what would one expect to pay for the various types of paintjobs from these masters? (Strat body shape)

1. Solid color
      2. Sparkle/flake color
      3. 2 tone burst

???

Comment

The pricing on finishes will vary obviously. I would prefer to start from bare wood. Stripping a guitar will be quite costly as anyone who has ever stripped one would know how much elbow grease goes into it. Sometimes it is best not to strip a guitar for a custom finish. Adding graphics to a guitar with existing finish not a problem.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

For anything other than a natural/trans finish, it almost never makes any sense to strip one to the wood. The one exception would be an old nitro finish, and they need to come completely off.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Just thought I would let everyone know that I received an e-mail update and a picture of my project out of the blue from Paul. Everything looks good so far, I can't wait to get it back and show off the finished product.

Comment

Try rsguitarworks.net they have done several for me.A cherry burst in nitro,a bullseye in poly,a offset bullseye in poly and a vintage two tone burst in nitro I can email pics.
              You can see the offset bullseye(black and neon green) and Charvel star(cherry burst on their web site in the gallery.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Does anybody look at the dates on these threads?
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X