No announcement yet.

Question about String Saver Floyd Rose saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ, If you end up not liking them after all PM me, I´d like to try them for myself and would take them off ya

Comment

Just got these today. They seem cool, but I'm going to need to get some shims for them, as they all seem to be the same height and not staggered like normal Floyd saddles (E and E strings lowest, B and A higher, G and D highest).
      I put the low E and A on, noticed the A string was buzzing, and I didn't really want to raise the action any more. I took them off and just changed my strings and left the old saddles on for now. I've only got one Floyded guitar at the moment, so I'll just order some saddle shims and try them at the next string change.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        Do those saddles have a steel threaded insert or something where the string lock bolts go in? I've had regular strat style graphtech saddles, and the intonation screws just threaded right into the plastic. If the Floyd style are the same way, would it be super easy to strip out the threads? This may be a dumb question, but I've not seen a set in person.
        They thread right into the plastic, into the removable metal string lock block like on standard Floyds. Though, I did notice there is a tiny brass piece inside at the end (pretty much the same that you find at the bottom of regular Floyd saddles) so the string can't hit into the back of the saddle. The string basically goes in between and is tightened between the block and the brass.

These saddles do seem very hard and durable, almost like they're metal covered by teflon, but I'm not sure if there's any metal actually underneath or not.

Comment

joe - just go to ace hardware and get the pack of small brass sheets they sell. it's like a multi-pack of varying thicknesses. a decent set of scissors is all you need to make shims
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Cool. Thanks, Tim!

Comment

Working...
            X