Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Case Smells Like Cat Piss- Not Joking! - WTF?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, my bad. I'll try to be nicer next time.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you guys are done talking into eachother' butts....
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You need to yell "Armageddon"
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
          You need to yell "Armageddon"
          Armageddon!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            i believe it was the departed black mariah who likened the smell of some cases to "really bad asparagus whiz". could be you got a batch of those.
            Unfortunately, that's a pretty accurate description.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
              Plus they have no clue how to choose a "real" pet. FUCK CATS. Get a fucking dog already. (or maybe a hamster)
              I happen to like cats... They're great pets. Cats are easy, all you have to do is feed them and clean their litter box. Dogs require too much work, especially puppies. And besides, if I'd let my wife get a dog instead of a cat, I probably would have ended up with a poodle, and no man should have to own a poodle... ever...
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Cats are great pets. They're intelligent. You can actually teach them to use the toilet. Great, then when you have to go, they're in there! You knock on the door, but they are "busy." So you use the box. Later, your friends come over and say, "What is that? Do you have a mountain lion for a pet?!"

Actually, I hate cats. They don't have a personality that a dog does. They can't catch a frisbee, you can't walk your cat around, it doesn't show affection correctly, etc. Oh, their dander is highly problematic for my allergies too...
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                  no man should have to own a poodle... ever...
                  or a lapdog for that matter - while we're on the subject of cases...I saw a case a few years back that was a flightcase that didn't look like a standard flightcase. It was made out of treadplate (a la hetfields esp explorer) and just looked like a gift from the gods plus it was as strong and 70% lighter than your standard flight case or so the marketing guy told me, plus to really rub it in the skb I bought instead has cracked.....anyway, has anyone heard of this brand or seen any of these cases?

Comment

I liked the way the old c/j cases smelled when new back in the day... not sure if it was the chemical drying agent in the glue or the buffing compound, maybe the urethane curing or a little of all of the above.... sometimes when I get a minty dimas piece in the case still smells that way....and no I dont huff.

but I hate when a guitar comes in and the case smells like cat piss... tells me a previous owner was likely a pig...I just got a '78 hamer in and the case wreeks....and it was a pro players piece..

I dont know if its cat piss, years of using fret ease, lemon polish, or a smelly little dwarf moved into it ,or all of the above...

I used an entire bottle of febreze, lysol, carpet cleaned it using an odor remover , let it sit out in the garage for a month open ,and still cant begin to get that dreadful smell out....
                    I am gonna try that urine be gone enzyme stuff thats supposed to eliminate any/every odor.. if not ,sadly this impossible to find minty case will get shit canned....

off topic, but I dont like cats period ... theyre sneaky and cold., I hate when strays happen into my yard in winter... they kill the birds and everything else...

cats feet are a bacteria factory yet some owners allow them on the kitchen counter.
                    you can train them to shit in a box, but why do you want any animal crapping in a closet in your home?
                    plus I am a bit allergic to the dander...

pellet gun .... here kitty kitty.... just kidding...

Comment

My 1997 RR1 case smells a lot. My 1987 Soloist case smells a little bit still after all these years. It's the same smell. Not bad, not particularly pleasant. I think it's mostly coming from buffing compound and wax. Maybe we should Ask Jackson.

Another note: I've had guitars (Strat shaped) bought second hand, that reeked of arm pit sweat! No matter what I did to remove it, it still smelled like a truckers arm pitts after 7 days on the road! Ew, I hate that so much I sold 'em
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Had the same issue with my wife's case. It had been unopened for a long time, and when I broke out the guitar to give it some much needed TLC, it and the case reeked. I tried the febreez option, helped a little, but not much. What covered (not elimiinated) the smell the best was some dryer sheets. Threw those in, closed it up for a few weeks, and the smell was not nearly as strong. The guitar, on the other hand, still has a smell to it. I've polished/oiled it, but it still stinks. Which sucks, but at least it doesn't smell like cat shit.
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                          Close the case, problem solved.
                          case closed?

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                            What covered (not elimiinated) the smell the best was some dryer sheets.
                            This sounds like a solution I'm willing to try. Maybe a wet rag and bucket of soapy water, scrub the fur, let dry, then throw a bounce sheet in it. Thanks

Comment

Maybe you had an angry house guest who peed in your case. This one time me and my buddy were at a bar and met some girls. We went back to their apartment because one of them wanted my buddy. Back at their place the other two girls were being bitches to me so I peed in their shampoo bottles.

Comment

i was looking at the price sheet and i could not find the upcharge for no cat-piss smell in the case.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X