No announcement yet.

Is this fatal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

as others have mentioned, i'm thinkin it's a crack in the clear, and not anything structural. as far as the seam in the binding (where the fretboard binding meets the headstock binding), they're all like that b/c it's not done in one piece. you'll also find seams at the butt end of the neck, and in most cases, at the tip of the headstock.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        No, it's a six string with an extra string and nut lock bolt.
        Thanks wise ass !
        The reason I asked - is I SOLD him a 7 string soloist that had no issues.. just want to follow up if it my guitar....
        and he has more than 1 7 string...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
          Yup... Not sure how it happened... Started noticing it shortly after I got it back... I'm very bummed... It hasn't affected anything yet, but I can see it when I play, and it sticks out (to me) like a sore thumb... Suppose it could have started in shipping??? Don't know...But I don't like it...
          I never noticed anything in that area, except that you could see where the neck binding ended and the headstock binding began... sorry to hear that man!
          I HAVE seen people that had issues with the EDS finish popping and peeling off... dunno if that is it

Comment

"Pointyheads usually rest in cases with their tips pressing against the back of the case, and once you close the lid, pressure is applied to the tip."

Not if it's the correct case....the neck cradle should be high enough to keep the tip of the headstock off the bottom of the case....if not return it & get the correct case for a pointy immediately!!

Comment

That guitar has a 7 string Jackson style headstock.. a tad longer than a 6... but it always seemed to fit the case fine to me.... I always stored them in cases standing straight up (same orientation as a guitar stand or hangar) to avoid extra weight on teh cases/neck area
              Do you store them (cases) leaning on eachother, standing straight (either long or tall way), or stacked flat?

Comment

Yah, I store it in the case, laying on edge, I'll start standing it up on end... I'm sure it was fine when you sent it Wayne, It probably happened here... (I do have a 3 year old... coulda knocked the case over when I didn't know it...) It really looks like it's probably just the clear...(?) So hopefully nothing structural, I hope. Just kind-of an eyesore...
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro! Best of luck...

Comment

Working...
                  X