No announcement yet.

new kahler lock nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it yesterday, and though I don't have it mounted yet, it looks to be the same dimensions as the existing locknuts on my San Dimas Jacksons. Excellent!

Comment

Cool. I didn't think Kahler would have changed the dimensions (not like Floyd!) over the years.

Found a pic of my flip-locks too:

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

So just to clarify all the Kahler behind the nut lock mechanisms are the same dimensions as the ones found on Charvels and Carvins back in the day? If so I may have to order a new Fliplock Kahler for my Model 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
          So just to clarify all the Kahler behind the nut lock mechanisms are the same dimensions as the ones found on Charvels and Carvins back in the day? If so I may have to order a new Fliplock Kahler for my Model 2.
          Every combination of new/old/sorta recent Kahler stuff has lined up perfectly.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

They also sell the curved & flat string lock shim for different angle mounting.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Kahler...479092QQsofpZ0

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              wait, what kind of kahler lock nut are we talking about here? I have a bunch of 80's guitars with behind the nut kahler lock nuts and the new ones line up just fine - they are identical.

mark, it sounds like you are talking about the kahler floyd style lock nuts.
              No, actually I was thinking of the JT6 nut, which is Kahler style, and the most common (everyone calls it a "Kahler" nut). The actual Kahler nuts were only used on the 1986 models to the best of my knowledge. I think maybe I assumed the retrofit was on a 1987 or later axe.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
              X