Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Rose Discussion: To recess or not to recess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing photos of his Charvels with a ramp thingy glued to the body, right next to the bridge. He used to rest his wrist on it when playing. He also came up with the "Lion claw" route for improved pull-ups, which I think later became a full recess.

Comment

i don't pull back, so i prefer non-recessed.

Comment

The strings are to close to the body on recessed,
        so , non-recessed for me.

Comment

The saddles on the Floyd are only height adjustable with shims (I use feeler gauges for that). If you want the base plate of the Floyd flush with the body (Musicman recommends this for the Axis Floyd), any action adjustment must be done with neck shims (roughly) and then be fine-tuned with saddle shims. Especially the neck shimming is a major PITA.

Comment

I wack mine with a hammer when I'm experiencing functionality issues, and it makes a huge difference in functionality and sustain. Boy that Floyd can take a lickin and keep on tickin.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Steve Vai likes the strings close to the body like a strat.

I have both and have no preference. i also have recessed and deeply recessed .

I also like to take a recess in the morning and the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
              X