No announcement yet.

awesome guitar polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get the shine and reflection deep enough, it can actually add to the tone bigtime! You cant polish a turd into a diamond but you can make a turd look fucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
      Pete, I can tell you why it should not be used on guitars. It makes the finish so shiny that the string vibrations can just reflect off of the guitar rather than being absorbed and shaped by the wood, hardware, and electronics. I've even seen cases where the guitar was rendered useless because it wouldn't even put out a signal any more. At that point all you can do is replace the body. If it's a neck-thru, you're screwed.
      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
      thats great
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

some new Z5 went on to all of my guitars...followed by a spritz of z6. slick, and glossy.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
          Pete, I can tell you why it should not be used on guitars. It makes the finish so shiny that the string vibrations can just reflect off of the guitar rather than being absorbed and shaped by the wood, hardware, and electronics. I've even seen cases where the guitar was rendered useless because it wouldn't even put out a signal any more. At that point all you can do is replace the body. If it's a neck-thru, you're screwed.

quite possibly the funniest thing i've EVER read on the internet!!!! :ROTF:
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I bought this Planet Waves express pack. It includes three different products. A deep cleaner polish, carnauba wax and a maintainer/cleaner cloth.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=365251

I bought the bigger bottle of the Shine maintainer/cleaner spray. It smells like hot cinnamon!

I'll post pics after I've used the product on my new Ibanez RGA321.

Comment

These have all been recently Zaino'd!

recognize the neck on the axe on the far left Pete?(Darker red)

Comment

Working...
              X